2018 Honda GROM125
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Grom Love. We call it Gromance.
Want to have some serious fun getting from one place to another? As thousands of converts already know, that’s where the Honda Grom comes in.
Compact, low to the ground, pocket-sized in terms of price and parking, but such a blast it’ll put a giant smile on your face whenever you turn the key. Last year we gave it some sweet updates—a new headlight, new two-step seat, new bodywork, and a new muffler. This year you still get all that plus available ABS, along with a healthy dose of Gromitude.
Want to know more? The Grom features a 125cc engine, with a fun factor that’s off the charts. Its unintimidating size makes it great for beginners, and a total, flickable joy ride for riders with more experience.
So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a Honda Grom, and start the Gromance. You can do it, and we’re here to help.
The Fun Starts Here: The Grom is more than just a cool little bike—it looks the part too. If it looks like the Grom is a blast, that’s because it is. If you’ve got it, flaunt it!
Plenty Of Performance: What makes the Grom so much fun? It all starts with a great motor. The Grom’s single-cylinder design is light, narrow, and revs fast. Fuel injection helps performance, electric starting makes it a snap to get going, and plenty of maintenance-reducing features mean more time to ride.
Bike-Sized Features: Exhibit A: the four-speed transmission. You get all the control and performance of a standard motorcycle gearbox, and the fun of shifting and deciding when to shift. Exhibit B: Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear (plus available ABS) give you excellent stopping power.
Mighty Mite: With its low 30.0-inch seat height, lightweight, low center of gravity and narrow profile, the Grom inspires confidence, and is a blast whether flicking around corners or cruising around town.
- Four-Speed Transmission: The Grom’s four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
- 12-inch 10-spoke Wheels: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- Low Seat Height: At just 30 inches the Grom makes it easy to flat-foot it in parking lots or at stop lights.
- Two-Up Capability: Want to share the fun with a friend? No problem—the Grom makes it easy to bring a passenger along.
- LED Headlight: The Grom’s LED projector-style headlight not only looks great and is a major styling element, but it also provides superior illumination.
- Single Rear Shock: Thanks to the Grom’s single hydraulic rear shock, you get a plush ride, even over choppy pavement.
- LED Taillight: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Grom’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
- Inverted Fork Suspension: Just like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the Grom features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The Grom features 220mm front and 190mm rear single disc brakes for excellent stopping power.
- 125cc Fuel-Injected Engine: Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Grom may be compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- Multi-Function Digital Instruments: Instrument display features speedometer, odometer, tachometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, and indicator for low/high beam.
- Fuel Capacity: Who says being on a budget can’t be fun? With its 1.45-gallon fuel tank you can venture far and economically too.
- Look the part: Sharp bodywork, a LED headlight and cowl, and a low-mount muffler keep the 2018 Grom looking cooler than ever.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Electronic
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 220 mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 190 mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70-12
- Rear Tire: 130/70-12
- Rake: 25 deg.
- Trail: 81 mm (3.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 47.2 in.
- Seat Height: 30 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.45 gal.
- Curb Weight: 229 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Miles Per Gallon: 134 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: Grom125
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Gray Metallic, Pearl Red, Pearl White, Bright Yellow
- One Year: Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 31 mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190 mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 47.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 30 in.
- 25 deg.
- 3.2 in. (81 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.45 gal.
- 134 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 229 lb.
- Matte Gray Metallic, Pearl Red, Pearl White, Bright Yellow
- One Year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.